Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sweetheart,

I am absolutely in love with you! I love talking and singing to you and touching your little feet when you kick! I can't believe you are already at 36 weeks! We are 1 week away from term which makes me feel so much better. Every Monday we go in to the doctor to make sure you are active, breathing and keeping up your heart rate. Over the last few weeks we have behaved and my contractions haven't been too much of a problem. I know you are growing and are a big guy in there because my back is starting to hurt and my belly is hard to miss. Everyone keeps asking about how we are doing and everyone who doesn't already know guesses that you will be a boy.

On March 24th Katie and Hailey threw me an amazing baby shower. We had really good homemade food and a lot of the girls that I work with came out to celebrate. You were the star of the show! You have a lot of cute baby gear waiting for you when you come home and quite a few of the items had wiener dogs on them like a quilt and some very cute clothing. I have been reading you some books that we got as gifts. Here are a few pictures






Next week I will get to see how much you weigh.  I know your original due date was May 10th, but unless you decide to pick your birthday on your own Dr. Sims and I think it will be safest to schedule you to be born on May 1st. As we already know you like to do things your own way so I will be happy no matter which day you chose :) As long as you promise to fight. Keep practicing your breathing! We need good strong lungs before you are born! I will be with you to help every step of the way until we come home from the hospital. This will be the biggest fight of our lives and I know we can do it together Owen bear.

Love, Mom