Monday, March 19, 2012

Back to work!

I went back to work on my Pulmonology (Lung) rotation last week. We got the go ahead from Dr. Browne after my ultrasound showed that my fluid level returned to normal and I was no longer in preterm labor. It has been very nice seeing all of mommy's coworkers again! I met my new doctor, Dr. Sims, today who will be taking over our care once Dr. Browne leaves next week. It seems she is up for the challenge. When they were checking in on you with the ultrasound you were acting up as usual! We really wanted you to kick, but you would only kick when they weren't looking. And of course when they put you on the monitor you heart was beating away and sounded really good along side about a million kicks and turns. I absolutely loved it!!!!

I am looking forward to this week because your Grandma May will be coming to town for my baby shower on Saturday. I will take lots of pictures for you to see when you are older. So far this is the most normal thing we have been able to do together since I have had you in my tummy. Mommy's friends Katie and Hailey have planned a fun day for us and I really appreciate it!!!

Your daddy is in Portland interviewing for a job today at a very nice hospital. He said it was encouraging and we will hear if he gets the job within a week or so. He told me all about the hospital and the group and hopefully it will be a little change of pace from his residency.

Stay patient Owen bear! I need to let you grow for another 6 weeks before you will be big and strong enough for the doctors to take care of you. Until then I can take extra good care of you and keep you safe. You have a lot of love waiting for you from a lot of family and friends (and wiener dogs)!
-Love Mom