Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sleepy Time

Little bear,

This is just a quick update... But we have had some hard days and some good days over the last week. You have gone up a little on your oxygen but your blood gases have been good. We think you might be teething because you had been irritable and very difficult to console. So of course since you are so fragile and you are in the NICU we did a few labs, an x-ray and an ultrasound of your chest just making sure to rule out anything bad that could be going on and that was all normal (well... Normal for you) You keep putting your whole hand in your mouth to suck on it and you have been loving your pacifier! We did increase the powdered formula that we put in your skimmed breast milk to increase the calories your are getting to make you nice and big but I think this might be causing you to spot up a few more times ??? We will see over the next few days. It pains your mommy but we really can't rely on plans. I love you so much and need to remember that you will get better just at your own pace. Most of the goals we had on my last blog are on temporary hold as we help you get past these last few tough days, but as always I promise to get you hone and make it up to you. I told all of the nurses that I want you spoiled by the time you come home and they are making their best efforts!

You are my love! Hang in there!
Love Mom