Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Prayer request

Oh sweetheart! We got ourselves into a pickle! You are so strong but you still need the doctors help so much. Last night we were visiting you to read you a bedtime story and walked into a hot mess. You're not doing very well right now on the ventilator. Dr. Rao thinks you had a pulmonary hypertension crisis. This is why you are requiring a lot of oxygen and help from the breathing machines. They also had to start you on a medicine called nitric oxide to decrease the blood pressure in your pulmonary arteries. You are now on medicines to increase your blood pressure and steroids like when you were on ECMO because for some reason you just can't keep it up. The x-rays look good and it doesn't appear to be anything wrong with your lungs. Sometimes bad bacteria can infect babies and cause these problems so they started you on antibiotics. You just look so uncomfortable and it pains me to see you like this!

I was up all night worrying about you and feel completely helpless that I can't help you myself. When I visited you several times today I was reminded of how strong you are and you are doing this for me. I have to continue to be strong for you and I will always have hope for you. You aren't giving up and absolutely no one will give up on you baby bear. I am a desperate momma and love you so much. I just want everyone to always think about you, hope for you and pray for you as best as they can because we could really use it right now. Hang in there brave little angel, I promise it will be worth it to be with your daddy and I!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE
-Mom