Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Fast Forward!

Dear Owen,

Life has been busy! I am so so sorry it has been so long since I last wrote to you. Our life has been happy, hectic and full of amazement! Fast forward... you are now 20 months old! Imagine that. When almost 2 years ago we didn't know our future and here it is. A walking, wild, toddler who lights up my life everyday. Here is a list of the things you are doing today that just amaze me:

1. Walking
2. Saying "mama" and "dadda"
3. Reading lots and lots of books!
4. Signing to us to let us know that you want "more books", and when you are "all done"
5. Pointing to everything
6. Pointing to your head, nose, ears, lip and tongue. We are now working on tummy, tummy, tummy

One of your favorite things to do is to point to all of the animals in your books so mama and dada can name them. You love singing and doing the motions for "wheels on the bus" and "if your happy and you know it" You are no longer on oxygen or medicines!!! Wooooohooooo!!!! You also are no longer on night time feeds!! This means better sleep for you and mommy! Check it out...you are sporting some super cute blue glasses that literally stop people in their tracks. We get so many compliments on them when we are out. Because mommy noticed you had a lazy eye pretty early we have to patch your eye for 2 hours a day to make sure that eye gets practice. Its going well so far and you really have no problem with it.

One of the things I am most proud of besides you, is that for almost one year I have blended whole foods to feed you with through your g-tube. I believe it has done wonders for you. You have continued to grow and thrive. Dad and I love your chunky thighs! Just as an example, today I blended up kale, peas, sweet potatoes, chicken, pears, kiwi, banana, porridge, wheat germ, cheerios, scrambled egg, yogurt and whole milk for a days worth of feeds. Tell me what parent can get their kiddos to eat that variety in one day. I feed you 4 times a day (breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner). We mostly play with foods still,but you love to feed us. You particularly pay close attention to when your dad is eating and pretty much want to do everything he does.

I'm not sure you even have a clue right now, but in early April our family is going to be blessed with your brother. All of my appointments and ultrasounds have been normal and going as expected. Trust me, mommy needed things to go a little more easy with this pregnancy! I am now 27 weeks and wondering what in the world am I going to do with 2 boys!!!!! I'm sure you will be buddies. Keep it up my warrior, Owen bear!

We LOVE, LOVE LOVE you!

-Mom

20 months at Laurelhurst Park

Gabriel Park