Friday, October 19, 2012

6 months old!

We made it :) you are now 6 months old baby bear! Now you are putting weight on your legs when I hold you, talking up a storm, smiling and starting to laugh. We actually had you sleep in your very own room last night. You liked it because we finally got your favorite mobile from the hospital put back up on your crib.

Today you are still on 1 liter of oxygen. On continuous tube feeds through a tube in your nose. We had to start adding formula to my breast milk I have been feeding you to get you fat and chunky. I give you 7 different medicines including one inhaler and one that is given every 6 hours. You are struggling with vomiting and not wanting to try really anything by mouth including milk, rice cereal or purées. But we will keep trying Little Bear!

We have tried so hard throughout your life and look where we are now :) I'm looking forward to my letter to you in six more months to see how far you have gone. You are meant to do great things my love!

I love you,
-Mom