Sunday, September 2, 2012

Way to go Little Bear!

Owen,

You make your mommy and daddy so proud! I just wanted to tell of course that I extra love you and that you have done some pretty cool things this week. You are turning over my man! We have to keep close tabs on you! We are having a good time on your play mat. You are swatting at the toys. We weighed you last night and you are 15 lbs 14oz. Big boy!! But that puts you at the 50th percentile for your age.. So right on track ( I credit my breast milk that we are now giving you). This week you will get half and half... Literally, half skim breast milk and half mommy's super fatty milk. I hope you like it and hope it helps us get closer to going home. You are still on CPAP which is fine by me because we have been able to wean down the inhaled medicine, nitric, that helps with the high blood pressure in your lungs, so you will be off tomorrow. Everyone cross your fingers because if you don't need any IV medicines today, we will have the surgeons come pull out your central line, called a broviac tomorrow! This is why you have a scar in your right thigh. This is a huge step because there will be no risk for infections for your mommy to worry about. Being the doctor mom that I am, I had them give your first set of immunizations this week and you tolerated them so well! I wanted to make sure you were protected before we moved you to the PICU in Portland.

On the home front, I am doing well and well cared for at the Robinson's. Your daddy really misses us and is trying to get our house set up in prep for us to move first to the hospital and then eventually home. He has told me it is beautiful there and we have a lot of activities in store for us when we come home! He started his new job as a real ER doctor and is doing a great job and so far enjoying it.
Your family really loves you and this is why mommy is working all the time to get us both to Portland to see your dad! So far we have gone through the run around of my insurance denying transport but we are further along and are waiting to hear from Oregon Health Sciences University/ Doernbecher hospital about whether we are approved and funded for the transfer by their PANDA transport team using a fixed- wing plane. We should hear back with approval and a date sometime next week after Labor Day of course and once that happens we are already packed and ready to go to be with your dad and wiener dog brothers!! I can't wait!!!

I love you my sweet boy!
-Mom